The inspiration from these no oil, salt and pepper chips came from a chinese take-away up the road from me. However, since going vegan and understanding health more, I wanted to be able to recreate the recipe without all the oil normally used. These have since become “my go-to dinner” as they are so cheap, easy and taste AMAZING!
As many potatoes as you desire (I normally use 2 big or 3 medium sized ones)
a few pinches of salt
a teaspoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of chinese 5 spice
1 teaspoon of paprika or chilli powder
1 red bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C and then line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Chop your potatoes into wedges
- pop your potato wedges onto the tray and put in the oven for 20 minutes or until crispy. You may need to flip them over which also stops them from sticking.
- Now chop your pepper into strips and finely chop your chilli. Now place in a saucepan with a tablespoon of water to cook for around 5 minutes.
- When your chips are done, put them into the saucepan with the pepper and the chilli. Add your soy sauce, paprika, salt and 5 spice.
- Mix until everything is coated. You may wanted to place back in the oven or a further 5 minutes depending on how crispy you like your chips.
- Now enjoy! I usually add smashed avocado or wrap the chips in a lettuce cup.